16 November 2010

To give unto them beauty for ashes

I'm out to banish an old demon. I am calling for a new holiday, and invite you to celebrate it with me. The third Tuesday of November is to be known henceforth as Love Your Life Day. Feel free to interpret that however you wish, but I do hope you will find something to do that brings you real joy, something that makes you glad you're a resident of this planet, something that invigorates your spirit and helps you want to go on, and on, and on. I hope you spend the whole day in beautiful thoughts and choices that allow you to feel real and strong and clean and vibrant. Take good care of yourself. Nurture your soul. Eat something wonderful. Laugh for a good reason, and also for no good reason. Spend some time under the sky. Dance. Move. This is starting to sound like some cheesy motivational quote already, and I haven't even warmed up. Never mind—you can figure it out on your own without my suggestions. Just love your live. And if you feel like sharing later, tell me how you celebrated.

Happy Love Your Life Day.

8 comments:

Rene Yoshi said...

Heh heh... I just realized today is the third Tuesday. Not off to a very good start. :/

Melody said...

I love me a good holiday! And a good Georgia :) Thanks for the spirit-lifting blog post. I'll let you know how it goes.

mirjam said...

Will do. Starting with a good long shower. Then the library. And then a late bagel breakfast with friends. This day shall be great and lovable!

Jamie said...

well, darn, I started the day by barfing. Not my favorite. But now I shall take a walk in the falling snow (a fave) with my favorite little 4 year old and eat something I love when we're done.

Beauty for ashes is one of my favorite scriptural/ poetical phrases...love.

Amy said...

I must have known about this new holiday on some unconscious level, because this morning I decided I was fed up with feeling blechy so I grabbed my son and decided to go exploring. We ended up sitting in the shade on an amazing beach, totally deserted except for the two of us, a few insane surfers, and an enormous sea turtle swimming by. There is so much to love about my life, I've been needing to be reminded of that!

Mary said...

Ah, a good day to be reminded. Today is rather workaday but I indulged in some oh so expensive but so lovely Meyer lemons during a quick lunch hour shop. I am planning to enjoy them completely and remember a good of life is about these small pleasures. :-)

Rene Yoshi said...

Thank you, Geo! While the day didn't start out well, it got better as the day progressed. I added a new inspirational app to my iPhone, indulged in a sliver of my daughter's chocolate cake with cashew butter, wedding cake frosting, and I took a short spin on her monkey bike just for fun! (^_^)

Becca said...

For me this day included, among other things, yoga, hemming curtains, a late nap with a 3-year-old, finishing a good novel. And I didn't get to half of my to-do list.

All normal things but I enjoyed it and I figure that's the point: to be able to enjoy my normal, every-day life.