21 April 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award

Thank you, thank you, thank you, my darling and best beloved Erika, for awarding me this badge of honor. I blush. I swoon. I crave a toasted coconut donut. This certainly gives me something to live up to with my blog posts. 


Now. As per Erika's instructions, I will post the "rules" of this award-meme, which I am trying very obediently to follow. (Just so you know, it's very hard. I find it challenging not to rewrite arbitrary rules, but for Erika I'd do most anything. Even mind my manners.)

BEAUTIFUL BLOGGER AWARD RULES (ahem)

If you choose to accept the award you must:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
  2. Copy the award and paste it to your blog.
  3. Tell us seven interesting facts about yourself.
  4. Pass this award on to 15 fantastic bloggers you have discovered.
  5. Contact your nominations and let them know they’ve won.
Alright then. Here I go. In perfect compliance—
  1. Gratitude and thanks I have taken care of. Permanently. In my side bar. Go ahead. Try the link. Erika's the most. You must love her.
  2. Done and done.
  3. Seven interesting facts about me? Since Erika didn't quantify "interesting," how about:
    • The last new friend I made was on Monday, a beautiful intelligent little black cat which I named Thatch and claimed for my familiar. Not that I'm a witch.
    • I have a brand new set of false eyelashes. Do you?
    • Sometimes I just have to kiss flowers. And I often compliment trees.
    • I am within easy walking distance of fresh toasted coconut donuts.
    • I am keeping two secrets with expiration dates: April 30th and May 17th. I am keeping a much bigger secret that I may never be at liberty to blab. 
    • I am supposed to be writing a short play right now. Rehearsal is tomorrow, at my house.
    • I have two superpowers: my sense of smell and my fantastic peripheral vision. I have used one of these to fight crime. The other just keeps me out of trouble.
  4. 15 Beautiful Bloggers I have discovered—PLEASE NOTE: This is in no way an exhaustive list of my favorites but a mere sampling (alphabetically arranged!) of the blogs which consistently make me glad to be alive. I have intentionally left off links to the "Provo All-Stars" (who may or may not all live in Provo) with whom I am ever and always in love, because there are more than 15 of them I would wish to mention, and so I think they deserve a list of their own at some future date):
  5. And now I must make contact with these heroes of beautiful blogging....

8 comments:

Elsita :) said...

Congratulations Geo o your blog award!
And thanks a million for passing along :)
Wishing you all the best!
Elsita :)

Becca said...

Well, I'm flattered. What if I'm not sure I even read 15 blogs?

Your award couldn't go to a more-deserving spot in cyberspace.

Suzanne said...

Wow, so honored and PANICKED I don't think I read fifteen blogs...

Geo said...

Actually, I agree that 15 is pretty steep for a meme, even an award meme. I say make up your own rules.

Allison said...

Ah, what a perfect person to get a blog award! I must admit, I too have a brand new set of false eyelashes. Future eyelash party?

Jenny Mauro Hicks said...

What an honor, coming from you! It makes me happy to hear you enjoy looking at the blog and also motivates me to continue more regularly. Thanks Georgis!! l,j

me again.... said...

er...Gorgeous Georgia!!! :)

Scott said...

This is definitely an award you deserve. I can simply aspire to the blogging heights you have reached =)