Okay, really, I know you've about had it with me and lists, but this one's at ~j.'s request. I'll try not to repeat myself on stuff from the last meme I played, or the Happy Hundred.
7+ THINGS I WANT TO DO BEFORE I DIE:
1. make it all the way through a healthy pregnancy and get a cute baby at the end, then repeat as able and/or adopt
2. swim with confidence
3. travel with Rob
4. read too much
5. develop my talents and finish my degree, maybe more
6. get fit
7. have my calling and election made sure
8. hire a maid
7 THINGS I CANNOT DO:
1. roll my r's
2. change past events
3. sing beautifully
4. sleep without dreaming, not even when it's a quick nap
5. do a cartwheel
6. naturally walk with my toes turned out
7. forget how raw and sore my tongue felt after I pried it loose from a frozen pole when I was small
7 x 2 + 4 THINGS THAT ATTRACTED ME TO MY SPOUSE:
1. his dem fine looks
2. his goodness, spirituality, commitment to the gospel, and the way he honors the priesthood
3. his intelligence and wit, and his fun-loving nature
4. his creativity and the energy he spends exploring talents
5. "The Dip" (maybe I'll blog about this memory someday)
6. our shared interests in music, art, films, books, etc.
7. good chemistry
8. Hare Krishna cuisine
10. the birthday picnic trip in a borrowed convertible
11. his kind, encouraging, forgiving nature
12. his taste in women (me)
13. his singing and songwriting
14. the Spirit
16. walks in the rain
17. fun to snuggle
18. his homemade french bread
7 THINGS I SAY OFTEN:
1. (in reference to the phone ringing) "Don't answer that!" ~or~ "Let the machine get it!"
2. (in my most deadpan voice) "That's wonnerful."
3. "My hiney!" (learned this exclamation of mock disbelief/objection from my southern step-father--and it's gotta be said with a drawl)
4. "God's grandfather" (my name for that special category of unanswerable questions which occasionally wig one out and encourage anxious insomnia)
5. "The Ancestor" (my live-in grandmother)
6. "You're my favorite." (Rob's my favorite)
7. "Will you wake me up with you?"
7 THINGS MY GRANDMOTHER SAYS OFTEN:
1. "turdknocker" (dog, person, or other creature who is seen as rascally)
2. "pinchass and popcorn" (describing poor times)
3. "growny" (a child who behaves less than submissively)
4. "pyurt" (looking lively and alert--that's my best translation)
5. "Come here, I want to ask you something--how do you and Rob mess up so many dishes? Why don't you just use paper plates?"
6. "Gwanny looooooves dis baby boy . . . " (part of a song she sings to my dog while holding him on her lap)
7. "Are you and Rob really trying to have a baby?"
7 BOOKS I LOVE:
1. The Miss Spider series
2. Mama, Do You Love Me?
3. The Screwtape Letters
4. The Complete Works of Leslie Norris (hasn't been published yet, but it will be someday and I will love it)
5. Rootabaga Stories
6. The Chronic(what)cles of Narnia
7. The Tales of Br'er Rabbit
7 MOVIES I COULD WATCH OVER AND OVER:
2. Cyrano de Bergerac (the French one with Gerard Depardieu)
3. Creature Comforts
4. Spirited Away
5. The Little Fugitive
6. The Magnificent Seven
7. Wings of Desire
7 PEOPLE FROM WHOM I'D LIKE TO HEAR 7 SEVENS:
1. Actually, I'd like to hear them from all my friends who haven't already played the game. Consider yourselves numbered.