12 September 2011

Fabulous Fresh Ginger-Carrot Soup

 
Juice some carrots. Juice so many carrots that you get 3 cups of juice.
Now juice a healthy knob of ginger. 
Peel a nice ripe avocado.
Combine the juices and avocado together with:
2 tablespoons of agave nectar
a shake or two of red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
a drizzle of flax oil and another of olive oil
Blend till smooth.
(You can also throw in 1/2 cup fresh coconut. I've not tried that yet, so can't vouch for it.)

Thanks to the Reboot site for this idea. My favorite—simple, fresh, delicious.
(Rob also gives it a thumbs-up, but my mum-in-law isn't fond of it. If you've got lots of carrots, then you've got nothing to lose by trying it yourself.)
Bon appetit, doc!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Heya, toots! Can I get some info on your juice diet? I'd like to look into it for myself. :)

Amy said...

whoops! Silly me, I just read the recipe and not your bit afterwards...checking out the site right now! :)

Becca said...

Are you juicing in a juicer or just blending in the vitamix? Sounds yummy!

Holly Decker said...

thank goodness you shared the recipe. can't wait to devour it. Jeff always raves about your pea soup...